Cask Days™ invites you to participate in the 4th Annual Ontario Cask IPA Challenge taking place on Friday, April 20th to Monday, April 23rd, 2012. This year’s challenge will be hosted by barVolo (587 Yonge St. Toronto) and feature 32 different cask-conditioned IPA’s from 26 Ontario breweries served blind. Participating IPA’s will go heads up in a single elimination bracket tournament, where the top score of each beer pairing will advance to the next round.
Attendees will have the opportunity to rate and score beers throughout the entire weekend. The beers will be revealed as they are eliminated from the challenge. With the growing demand for hoppy beers, our goal is to stimulate and challenge our local craft brewers to create new and exciting ways to make india pale ales. For more information and details about the challenge visit the official website. http://caskdays.com/ipachallenge.html
• $10.00 admission (includes branded glassware for tasting and tasting score card)
• Featuring 32 different IPA’s on cask from Ontario. (all year, seasonal’s and special one offs)
• Beers will be assigned a random display number and will be served blind on gravity casks .
• Customers will be presented score cards to rate the participating IPA’s.
• All participating beers in the challenge will be available in either a 1/4 or 1/2 pint serving.
• Beers that do not advance will be disclosed and become available by the 1⁄2 and full pint.
• First round cumulative results will be weighed as 70% judges score & 30% public score.
• Judges will consist of brewers, writers, home brewers, BJCP certified judges and enthusiasts.
• Live tournament updates will be posted on @Caskdays twitter (#IPACHALLENGE)
• If the final two IPA’s can be brewed again, there will be a 5th round.
• Final round will take place during ontario craft beer week.
• 19+ event. Cash only - ATM available downstairs. Food will be available.